HOME-------ABOUT------CONTACT

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Reclamation of My Bedroom!

Today I have cause to celebrate! You see, we moved into our house back in May and this whole time I have been avoiding unpacking our bedroom. The rest of the house has been done for months but I've just never been motivated enough to tackle the boxes full of useless junk that's lined my walls for over 6 months. Over time it's gotten even more cluttered with new junk and piles of abandoned clothes and toys and all sorts of things! This has been a dark cloud hanging over my head for so long. Miraculously I managed to stay away from the computer ALL day and it was a lot of work, but I FINALLY got it done! I feel so much better and I actually have a bedroom again instead of just a place to sleep! It's surprising how having a nice clean space of your own can just make you feel good! My poor husband's probably long since given up on the hope of ever having an uncluttered bedroom. Hopefully he'll get home sometime tomorrow because I'm really looking forward to surprising him! Now it's time to figure out how to decorate on a budget!!!

6 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh my, good thing you finally did it before new year hehehe.. I can't stand it if our bedroom is cluttered with so much stuff, I wont be able to sleep if i were you... It feels good isn't it?

If you have extra time please visit my two other blogs here and here ... Thanks Heidi, I'll be adding your link there too.. See yah!

Lisa Noel said...

oh, you want to come do mine next? mine is ridiculous, but so are several other rooms. but decorating...on a budget?!? I haven't figured it out at all. if you find any good sites, I'd love to see links here!

Nicole Orriëns said...

Good for you! These things get harder and harder to tackle. But there is nothing as good as the feeling you get when you've finally done it!

Relimom

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

woo hoo congrats! must feel great.

My bedroom is a disaster zone. I always make sure the rest of the place is presentable, and help Maya with her room, leaving me no time for my own. Oh well. Nothin' a closed door can't fix. lol.

Heidi said...

Thank you for your comments! It's so nice to finally have it done! Everytime I go in my room I feel like I'm on vactaion!

chubskulit:
It's weird, I actually had trouble sleeping last night! I think it's because (sadly) I was used to it being so cluttered! I kept waking up, wondering where I was at! I'll check out your other blogs. =D Thanks for the link!

Oh Boy:
I would love to come and do yours next! I'm weird, it's actually easier for me to clean other peoples houses rather than my own! Don't feel too bad, because I spent the whole day cleaning in my room yesterday, and not the rest of the house and the kids were fending for themselves all day, today it looks like a cyclone went through it! Lol! If I find any good ideas for decorating I'll certainly post them! =)

Nichole:
You're so right! The longer I put stuff off the more it builds and the harder it is to convince myself to take care of it! I'm so glad I did it! :D

Mandy:
Lol! That sounds just like me! I can't stand the rest of the house being a mess, but my room has been like a catch all for the rest of the house! Then there were the stacks of boxes left over from the move! The other day my son had a friend come over and of course he had to get something out of my room. He know's that friends aren't allowed in my room, so she stood in the doorway while he came in and got what he needed! Errrrgghh!!! I was so embarassed! That might've been part of my modivation for finally getting it done, to prevent that from happening again! =D

Kathie Graham said...

We've lived in our house for almost three years and I'm pretty sure I still have boxes!!! Good for you though :)